This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The secret to a clean face is taking care of it daily. Your skin is the most delicate part of your body. If we have self-love and confidence, we would take good care of our skin. The majority of people want to feel good about their skin but many don’t know what to use in order to have good skin. One of the trickiest things to take care of is oily skin. It requires a lot of balancing in order to have clear skin. If you have oily skin you know that blackheads can be a pain in the butt which is why I try to find things as solutions for clean skin.

Here are 5 home remedies for treating your skin:

1. Honey and Sugar

Simply mix however much honey and sugar you think you’ll need in a small container. Once you have the honey and sugar mixed together, you can use it to create a mask. You apply the honey and sugar to your face and gently scrub with your index and middle finger in a circular motion. Afterwards, you remove the substance with warm water. You will notice a softer and fresher skin.

Image from Pexels: Honey

2. Sliced fresh potatoes 

Whenever I start to break out with acne I use slices of potatoes to calm down the breakout. 

Image from Pexels: Potatoes

3. Carrots

Carrots are full of vitamin A. Carrots have properties that help with dry or irritated skin. 

Image from Pexels: Carrots 

4. Cucumbers

Cucumbers have been known to have calming effects. Cucumbers have a lot of water which helps for dry skin and leaves your skin feeling fresh.

Image from Pexels: Cucumbers

5. Tomatoes

Tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants which nourish the skin.

Image from Pexels: Tomatoes

These remedies will definitely help out in improving your skin. You will learn how to take better care of your skin and soon will be a skincare guru. 

I am a creative person who enjoys learning about the ways in which art can take different forms. My passions include learning about issues that effect our lives; things ranging from politics, media, culture, music, art, philosophy, technology, or education. I am a Chicago native and an undergraduate student at UIC majoring in English and minoring in Film.
UIC Contributor.