5 Best Mascaras for Your Lashes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.
  1. “CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara” I have used this mascara for almost four years now and I absolutely LOVE it. I’m always getting compliments on my eyelashes and people are always asking which one I use. I prefer the “water proof” version of this, but I’ve used both and have no complaints. You can pick it up anywhere from Jewel, Walgreens, Target; you name it. The price is around $8-9 but it lasts for over a month and a half! There are also different colors you can get it in. For example there’s black, very black, brown, and black brown. Give this one a try!

1. “Maybelline Great Lash Mascara” This is one my mom passed down to me and was my first mascara that I used. It’s the one in the signature pink and green bottle. You can also pick it up at any drug store and this one is only around $6! It’s often used by make-up artists and has been named one of the 9 classic American beauty products. According to Lisa Whitmore from www.realsimple.com, one “Great Lash” is sold every 1.6 seconds in the United States!

1. “L’Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara” There’s been a lot of different additions to the “Voluminous” line for L’Oreal, but this is the original. What’s great about this one is that there’s actually a blend of nourishing vitamins and ceramides in the mascara. In simple terms, ceramides are compounds used for moisturizing. This mascara gives a very simple, feathery look to your lashes. You can also find this one at your local drug store for about $8-9.

1. “CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Mascara” This mascara can be used for the best natural look, and it’s only $9 at any drugstore! The brush is made to make sure every use of it never gets clumpy or dry. In this mascara, there are light reflecting metallics and a hint of tint to make your eyes 4x brighter! You can match it to your eye color by choosing between the colors of black sapphire (for blue eyes), black pearl (for brown eyes), black ruby( for green eyes), and black gold (for hazel eyes).

1. L’Oreal Paris Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara”  If you’re someone who buys fake lashes for a big event, or even just a night out, here’s your solution to save money. This mascara is known to be the best “fake lashes” look. The brush is twice as thick as other brushes and it contains Hydra Collagen which creates up to 12x more volume, and with NO clumps! You can choose from Black, Black Brown, and Blackest black. It’s also around $8-9 at your local drugstore.