4 Ways to Get Into the Fall Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Autumn has arrived! Chucky scarfs + boots + sweaters + comfort food = yes please!   Who doesn’t love the fall? Here are 4 tips that will help you get into the fall spirit:

1. CANDLES!

Candles are a must have. They will bring you into the fall spirit, especially the fall and winter scents. I recommend going to Bath & Body Works; they have a large selection of candles to choose from. Also it will make your dorm smell good, but make sure you’re allowed to have them before buying them!

2. Comfort food!

Warm foods such as chili, stuffing, turkey, and taffy apples will definitely get your taste buds in the fall spirit.

3. Apple Picking!

Go apple picking with your family or friends. This would be a great way to buy some apple cider, go on hay rides, and take fun fall pictures in the colorful leaves.  

4. Fall Fashion!

Chunky scarfs, boots, sweaters, and hats are perfect for the fall, plus they are really cute! 

Raven is sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She majoring in UIC college of education as an early childhood educator. She dreams of one day teaching in both private and public schools. She has a passion for young people and most importantly patience. During Raven's free time from class she likes to shop, catch up on missed shows and more SHOPPING. Raven is sometimes shy but love meeting new people - ironic!  
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.