samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Tips for Overcoming The Last Month Of Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Are you feeling burnt out from classes? You just can’t do it anymore and feel like dropping out of school? Well, fortunately I have some good news! Here are 4 tips to help you get through the last month of the semester and not feel overwhelmed by doing it.

1. Don’t give up.

You have come too far to just give up now. Continue to stick with it and in the end you will be proud that you did. Think of all the goals you set for yourself and where you want to see yourself in the future.

2. Continue to go to class.

Whether it’s a recorded lecture or a small class, go. You want to be prepared for any extra credit opportunities your professor might mention and any hints for what’s to be on the final exam. You don’t want to miss out on any important information.

3. Manage your time.

Space out your upcoming assignments in your planner. Don’t procrastinate and wait until the last minute. Each day work on the assignment up until its due date. This will help you out so much and help you feel less overwhelmed.

4. Treat yourself.

Every time you finish an academic task, treat yourself, whether it’s going to your local coffee shop and buying your favorite drink or going to get your nails done. This will help you get through your assignments quickly and productively. I mean, who doesn’t like to treat themselves to the things they love? 

Raven is sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She majoring in UIC college of education as an early childhood educator. She dreams of one day teaching in both private and public schools. She has a passion for young people and most importantly patience. During Raven's free time from class she likes to shop, catch up on missed shows and more SHOPPING. Raven is sometimes shy but love meeting new people - ironic!  
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.