4 Floors of the RJD Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

We are approaching our last week of classes and heading into finals. Some of you have already started studying and some of you may have not. If you need a place to study then check out a breakdown of the four floors of the Richard J. Daley Library to help find what place suits you the best.

PC: Robert Maihofer II

First:

The first floor of the library is where you can find circulation and ACCC for help on your projects. You can choose from IDEA Commons and the Circle Reading Room. For a quieter environment try The Circle Reading Room and for working with groups try IDEA Commons. Computers and printers are located in IDEA Commons.

PC: Timothy Nguyen

Second:

The second floor offers a nice area full of couches. You can get some reading done there or have a break before getting back to work. Desks and cubicles are available around the floor with computers and printers.

Third:

The third floor is the “Quiet Study” area. It is indeed, a quiet study area. Breathing is optional but frowned upon because it may be too loud. Cubicles and tables are located behind book stacks so you can take advantage of the lack of noise to concentrate on your studying. Computers are also located on this floor but no printer. You can still send your documents to the printer from the computers and print from any printer on campus.

Fourth:

This floor is for those who work better in loud places. This is where groups go to study and work on projects together. A popular spot to enjoy your lunch with your laptop out while pretending to look productive. Computers and printers are also available on this floor.

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
UIC Contributor.