This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1.       Almost positive BSB was built the way it is as a science experiment to see everyone’s struggle to find classes.

2.       Getting the Wi-Fi to work is a daily struggle.

3.       Your Ventra Card is your best friend.

4.       Tropical Smoothies at the rec are hands down the best concoctions in a cup.

5.       Opened up a TCF Bank Account just for the hoodie.

6.       Taylor Street is a 21 year-old’s dream.

7.       Half of your friends are commuters.

8.       If you could wish for one thing, It’d be for the CTA tracker app to get their sh*t together.

9.       Wind Tunnel from University Hall to BSB is hell on Earth!

10.   Your go-to late night/drunk food spot is Jim’s or Taylor Made Pizza.

11.   The fourth floor of the library is more of a socializing jungle than a quiet study area.

12.   No one listens to country, and if you do, it’s Operation Cover-up if it comes up.

13.   You’re either classified as from the city or suburb.

14.   The quad will be a ghost town once winter rolls around.

15.   You hear some of the most unique tongue twisters as names from both teachers and students.

16.   Uber is the way to go if you’re lazy, late, or it’s after bus hours.

17.   Mid-semester all you hear commuters talk about is getting an apartment out here.

18.   Fantasies to get hit by a city driver so you’re tuition can be paid for.

19.   South Campus housing is the best by far (JST, TBH, and MRH).

20.   Grown an emotional bond with Dunkin’ Donuts since Starbucks isn’t on campus.

21.   McDonald’s and Wal-Mart are nowhere to be seen.

22.   Students are forced to get accustomed to heavy accents from TAs.

23.   Almost anywhere on campus you can get a beautiful picture of the Sears Tower.

Photo Credit: Timothy Nguyen

24.   You have no idea about gas prices lately.

25.   Relying on the CTA before class is torture, especially during the freezing winter.

26.   The daily pondering decision of eating out or nasty dining food. But then you remember, you have no money.

27.   Cop cars around campus are as popular as Mini Vans in the suburbs.

28.   The only football talk around campus is the fact that we should get a football team.

29.   Curtis Granderson Stadium has the best city backdrop ever!

30.   It’s common to have connections/friends from DePaul and Loyola.

31.   Driving to school is about as probable as the Cubs with a winning season.

32.   You know SCE’s cafeteria staff is nowhere near as kind as JST’s cafeteria staff.

33.   You wish there was a class on the CTA system.

34.   Get discounts to a bunch of Chicago attractions (concerts, sporting events, theatre plays, sky deck)

35.   Gymnasts know how to party. 

Irais is pursuing a marketing major at The University of Illinois at Chicago. Coming from the small country town of Harvard, Illinois, she knows there's a whole neighborhood left for her to explore. Checking off her bucket list activities is what she does in the afternoons and weekends when she’s not napping. She currently cherishes her vast music playlist, Netflix account, Pinterest boards, and her growing show collection of Chucks and wedges. Catch her trying to Penny board to class.
UIC Contributor.