16 Best Chicago Tours to Check Out This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

There are more things to do in Chicago than just see the Bean. Organized by category, check out 16 of the Best Chicago Tours!

Food Tours

1. Chicago Chocolate Lover’s Tour

For all the chocolate lovers in Chicago, this tour would be just right for you! Visit some of the best chocolatiers the city has to offer like Glazed & Infused, Leonidas Chocolate Café, and Godiva Chocolatier for a taste of chocolate drinks, donuts, truffles and more! 

Time Duration: 2 Hours

Price Range: $40

2. Cupcake Walking Tour in Chicago

Like the Chocolate Tour, Chicago offers its very own Cupcake Walking Tour! Explore artisanal bakeries, dessert boutiques, and sweet shops down Magnificent Mile while treating your tastebuds to some delicious cupcakes and sweets. 

Time Duration: 2 Hours

Price Range: $40

3. Pizza Tour of Chicago

Known for our famous Deep Dish Pizza, take a slice at the best pizzerias in the city while learning about the rich cultural history on this Pizza Tour of Chicago!

Time Duration: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes

Price Range: $50

4. Coffee Tour of Chicago

Coffee fanatics rise! Learn about the “history, business and culture of Chicago’s favorite drink” while touring and taking a sip at the best coffee hotspots Chicago has to offer. See demonstrations like how to make the perfect cup of Joe to cute coffee art!

Time Duration: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes

Price Range: $50

Walking Tours

1. The World Within Walking Tour

Often overlooked, discover architectural wonders inside Chicago’s beautiful buildings. Look at over two centuries worth of stunning interior spaces and architectural details on this tour. 

Time Duration: 2 Hours

Price Range: $25

2. Art Deco Skyscrapers Walking Tour

Love Chicago’s buildings and its art styles?  Discover and learn all about it on this tour.

Time Duration: 2 Hours

Price Range: $18

3. Historic Chicago Walking Bar Tour

Eat, drink, and learn all about the “history of jazz, theater, social clubs and the Prohibition Era” by visiting three historic bars in downtown Chicago!

Time Duration: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes

Price Range: $35

Biking Tours

1. Bikes at Night Fireworks Ride

Bike through Chicago’s best attractions under the illumination of the city! Pedal your way through the Museum Campus, the nighttime water and light festival at Buckingham Fountain, and end at Navy Pier with a beautiful firework show. 

Time Duration: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes

Price Range: $40

2. Tastes of Chicago Bike Tour: Chicago-Style Pizza, Beer, Cupcakes and Hotdogs

Sample Beer, Hotdogs, Cupcakes and Pizza all while biking through five top Chicago Neighborhoods! Learn about the history and food traditions of Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Gold Coast, Old Town, and Wrigleyville on this 13 mile journey. 

Time Duration: 4 Hours

Price Range: $80

3. Chicago Lakefront Neighborhoods Bicycle Tour

Bike through Chicago’s North Side lakefront neighborhoods and visit some highlights such as Oprah Winfrey’s penthouse, the Lincoln Park Zoo, and North Avenue Beach, just to name a few. 

Time Duration: 3 Hours

Price Range: $30

Boat Tours

1. Chicago Architecture River Cruise

Sail down the Chicago River and learn all about how Chicago became to be the city it is while passing over 40 buildings and admiring the architecture. 

Time Duration: 1 Hour and 15 Minutes

Price Range: $35

2. Lake Michigan Sightseeing Cruise

Cruise down Lake Michigan in this sightseeing boat, enjoying the panoramic view of Chicago’s skyline and famous landmarks. 

Time Duration: 40 Minutes

Price Range: $20

Bus Tours

1. Chicago Crime and Mob Tour

Learn of Chicago’s history with crime and the mob on the Chicago Crime and Mob Tour! Listen to stories about famous mobsters, visit their hangouts, and take pictures at infamous sites all while cruising on a coach vehicle. 

Time Duration: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes

Price Range: $40

2. Ghost Tour By Bus

Did you know that Chicago is haunted? For brave souls, take this Ghost tour and visit “old City Cemetery Grounds, sites of mass disasters, and the site of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre!” Be careful, you might see a ghost or two!

Time Duration: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes

Price Range: $37

3. World’s Fair Bus Tour

Did you know that Chicago held two world fairs? The 1893 “Columbian Expedition” and the 1933 “Century of Progress” were visited by millions all across the world. Experience what they saw by walking on the fairgrounds in this wonderful tour.

Time Duration: 3 Hours

Price Range: $30

4. Chicago’s North Side/South Side Tour 

Sightsee and learn about the history and culture of either Chicago’s North Side or South Side on this coach tour.

Time Duration: 2 Hours for each tour

Price Range: $30 for each tour

Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.