10 Signs That You Are From Chicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1. When north-siders are Cubs fans and South-siders are White Sox fans.

2. When you won’t dare put Ketchup on the Chicago Style Hot Dog.

3.  When you call the Chicago Tribune the “Trib” and the Chicago Sun-times the “Times.”

4. You only count ‘773’ – ‘872’ – and ‘312’ as Chicago Area Codes.

5. You know why Chicago is really called the “Windy City”.

6. You visit the ‘Taste” every summer for the food and the concerts.

7. In the winter you call “dibs” on a parking spot. (Sometimes followed by violence…we in no way support violence here at Her Campus UIC!)

8. You drink ‘pop’ – not ‘soda’.

9. You know that Chicago style pizza is deep dish pizza.

10. You hate when people who don’t actually live in the city say they’re from Chicago.

Tikia Travis is a former writer for HERCampus UIC (2015-2017). Tikia majored in English with a concentration on Media, Rhetorical, and Cultural Studies. She also completed the Creative Writing, Professional Writing, and British Literature Concentrations. Tikia loves reading, writing, music, fashion, and FOOD (you can tell that from my picture, lol)!! School, Starbucks, Health and Fitness are my LIFE! She aspires to one day become a Published Author and Education Professional. In her spare time, she write creatively and professionally, and assists others with their essays/writing needs.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.