Suffocated by the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

As much as you may not want to know who the Kardashians are, you do! 

Truth is the Kardashians have become a prominent name and you cannot avoid them. 

For those who check Twitter every 90 seconds hoping for something interesting to happen, your prayers were answered Wednesday. 

Kanye West went on a tweeting spree defending his wife, Kim Kardashian against Wiz Khalifa.  

After Wiz clarified it was a misunderstanding on Kanye’s behalf we all thought it was over until Amber Rose, who previously dated Kanye revealed one of his dirty little secrets.  

All of this commotion over the use of “KK” which must mean Kim Kardashian!  

But maybe Twitter is not your cup of tea. Maybe your class time is spent scrolling Instagram because you believe you can avoid the Kardashians.  

Wrong! 

Four days ago hell broke loose when it was revealed Rob Kardashian is dating Blac Chyna, via Instagram.  

Why did this cause a stir, you ask? Blac Chyna, former girlfriend (baby mama) of rapper Tyga is currently dating Kylie Kardashian, Rob Kardashian’s half sister. 

On numerous occasions a Kardashian or affiliate has sparked controversy on the internet.

Their presence is constant. 

If it’s not Kanye, Kim Kardashian herself is trying to “break the internet”.  

When Lamar Odom, who was previously known for his professional basketball career, was hospitalized the attention went straight to the Kardashian family because of his marriage with Khloe Kardashian.  

Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, who was married to Kris Jenner took over media this past year as well.

Whether you want to be “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” or not, you are forced to. 

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."