This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

As a college student networking is a necessary skill to not only survive college but to successfully land an internship or job after graduation. College is not only about what you do inside the classroom, but outside of it too. You must work hard to build relationships that will help your career.

But how can you do this thing called networking, you say. Well as a college student you’re presented a numerous amount of ways to do so. Below are a couple of ways you can start building those long-lasting relationships that will help you in your college and future career.

1.     Join an on-campus organization

2.     Volunteer

3.     Do an internship

4.     Connect with your professors

5.     Visit your college’s career services office

6.     Talk to people in your classes

Hello! I am a junior at the University of Houston. Currently majoring in Finance.I was born and raised in Houston, Texas. In my free time I enjoy going out with friends, trying out new food places, sleeping, and going to music festivals.
Irina Alejandro is a sophomore at the University of Houston, getting a major in political science and two minors women's studies and international affairs. In her spare time she loves singing loudly in the shower, forcing herself to workout, and talking excessively about politics. She also enjoys long walks on the beach, going to PTA meetings and crying over minor inconveniences. If you want to contact her for a date, leave a comment on one of her articles.