This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Mon-Fri: 12 pm – 10 pm

Sat-Sun: 12 pm – 11 pm

4444 Westheimer Rd Houston, TX 77027

Highland Village, Galleria/Uptown

$$

Gelato, Desserts, Macarons

The new River Oaks district in Houston is beautiful. Filled with stores that are too expensive for us college kids to shop at, but it’s definitely window-shopping central.

Grab some Gelato to eat while you sigh heavily staring through the Cartier window.  Amorino recently opened up and it’s absolutely delicious! You get your Gelato scooped into a beautiful flower petal design on a small cone. The cones came in three sizes – small ($5), medium ($6) and large ($7) and also in cups.  The prices are high as most gelato places are, so expect to spend at least $12-$18 for 2 people. All the flavors are so rich and flavorful. Make sure you try them all before choosing your flavors! They recommend 3 flavors for the small, but you can get as many flavors as you want. They divide the flavors up by fruity and nutty. You can even add a macaron on top!

I personally loved L’imitable, Dulce De Leche, and Chocolate Hazelnut. I have yet to try any of the fruity flavors but they’re raved about on yelp so I have to head back soon.

It’s the perfect date place considering there are string lights everywhere and outdoor seating. An ideal night would be a movie at iPic, Hopdoddys, then Amorino for gelato.

Tip: Make sure to take your instagram picture the second you get your ice cream! The shape doesn’t hold for that long and starts melting right away.

-----
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."