4 Coffee Shops That You have to Try in HTown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Coffee houses are as much about the vibe as they are the drink and treat you find yourself strolling around town with. When life needs to slow down treating yourself to your fav drink is sometimes the only way to get back that shred of normalcy. here are some quick, cute, and completely delicious coffee house suggestions in Houston that are perfect for the stress of midterms.

EQ Heights: Located in The Heights, this is my personal favorite of the list. It’s based out of a cute, small house close to some seriously sweet color walls. There’s this huge front porch that curves around to one side, along with a super cozy seating area inside. The people who work at and own the House are also incredibly nice and offer good pastry suggestions. (I’d go with one of the mini crostatas; I’ve had the apple and the mixed berry.)  

Tout Suite: This shop is about a ten minute drive from school and has the best fried chicken sandwich I’ve ever tasted. I still dream about it. If you want a more traditional experience, get a chocolate croissant and drink of your choice.

I’d recommend sitting in the lower level by the wall of windows at sunset. It’s gorgeous.

Siphon: If you like your coffee house experience on the funkier side of life, this is definitely where you’ll find yourself frequenting. Get yourself a siphon of coffee to share. You’ll be delighted to find it served like you’re in for a mad science experiment experience. What could be better?

(Hint: it’s called a stuffed avocado. Also, free iced tea refills.)

The Nook: On campus, super chill vibe, and incredibly friendly staff. I seriously don’t know how you could possibly go wrong with this babe of a café. Walk there before class, after class…grab a treat for during class.

Not only is everything on the menu freaking delicious, but it’s also an amazing place to study. I’ve personally spend hours here studying to various exams. Flashcards and Americanos later, I aced it. Maybe this place is my equivalent to a good luck charm? Whatever it is, it’s worth making the walk to.

Jacqueline is a current student at the University of Houston, and is pursuing a degree in Communications. She enjoys long walks to the bookstore, Korean BBQ, succulents, and chats about history. You can follow her everywhere @nobentspines.
Irina Alejandro is a sophomore at the University of Houston, getting a major in political science and two minors women's studies and international affairs. In her spare time she loves singing loudly in the shower, forcing herself to workout, and talking excessively about politics. She also enjoys long walks on the beach, going to PTA meetings and crying over minor inconveniences. If you want to contact her for a date, leave a comment on one of her articles.