Will & Grace is Back After 11 Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

There has been a wave of 90’s and early 2000’s reboots in the works lately, like Netflix’s Fuller House and Gilmore Girls as well as the Flatliners thriller. As expected, many of the reboots in the past couple years haven’t been up to par. Will and Grace is the exception.

,

The Will and Grace resurrection has been in the works since their short video last year urging people to get up and vote. The video was brief, but still had that witty banter that the show is known for with a political twist. Still, we had our qualms; why mess with a classic?  The voting video was good, but an eight minute video is nothing compared to weekly half-hour episodes. Further, this sitcom had a clean ending back in ‘06, the series finale wrapped up by showing all of our favorite characters and their respective children in the future.

However, the new series premiere was last Thursday and the outrageous humor stayed true to the original. It was as if the show picked up where it left off. The characters were their same relatable selves and the half-hour was filled with the expected political jabs and clever comedy. However, some viewers were angered by the political messages embedded in the dialogue.The same foursome is back and their friendship remains true, and their ridiculous antics drive the plot along.  Further, their timely liberal-views and modern-day references make the nearly 20-year-old show all the better. 

image curtsey of NBC 

gif from GIPHY

Sam is getting her degree in Film Studies at UGA. She hopes to continue writing entertainment reviews and comedy nonsense after graduation. She's always got a latte in hand and can be seen practicing handstands all around campus.