What We Plan to Do Over Thanksgiving Break vs. What We Actually Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Yes. It’s finally Thanksgiving Break where we college kids get to go home and catch up on various things and relax right before finals. We all tell ourselves that we have all of these priorities to take care of but, let’s be honest, nothing productive ever happens.

What we say we’ll do: I’m going to start studying for finals!

What we actually do: Wait where’s my book bag?

What we say we’ll do: I’m going to save my money and not buy anything!

What we actually do: I just spent all of my remaining money for the semester on Black Friday. It was on sale so it’s not bad, right?

What we say we’ll do: I can’t wait to see my family!

What we actually do: Locks self in room so you don’t have to speak to anyone

What we say we’ll do: I’m going to work out every day!

What we actually do: Eat all of Thanksgiving leftovers and everything known to mankind.

What we say we’ll do: I can’t wait to hang out with friends!

What we actually do: Sorry I can’t hang out I just woke up… at 4:00 PM.

What we say we’ll do: Being at home is awesome!

What we actually do: When can I go back to my roommate and friends? I miss them!

Maybe some of us can actually stick to our original plans but most of us will be cuddling with Netflix and warm clothes the entire time. Happy Thanksgiving and GO DAWGS!

I am a sophomore at UGA studying Mass Media with minors in French and Fashion Merchandising. GO DAWGS!
Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).