This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

This woman is your rock. She always seems to know exactly what to say when you’re having a rough day. She gives the best advice with patience lying behind her understanding smile and unconditional love beaming in her eyes. You may not always like what she has to say, but you know she has your best interest at heart. Of course, she does! She’s your mom. Well, she isn’t your real mom. She’s the girl who adopted you as her own at some point during your collegiate journey, therefore she rightfully earned this prestigious title. Although she serves many purposes in your life, here are some of the roles that make her special.

The Cheerleader: Our mothers have always been our greatest cheerleaders. From the time we started Pre-K to the time they dropped us off to college, they have encouraged us to continue striving for success even in the midst adversity. Since you began your college career, you most likely found a friend that will do the same. She sends you motivational texts during finals week. She pumps you up before every internship interview. She is your main hype-woman. Although her actions are subtle, they speak volumes. This is why we love you, Mom. 

The Residential Life Coach: The mom of the friend group naturally takes on the responsibility of nurturing. They are the first call when your best friend is going through a harsh breakup or when the big girls’ night out becomes girls gone wild. In the event that a friend is need of a little TLC, they are always there with words of wisdom to encourage their friends as they navigate through the world of adult-ing. Thanks, Mom.

The Decision Maker: Mama always knows best. When dire situations occur, the mom of the friend group is trusted to make all the tough calls. She is able to quickly assess any situation and make an informed decision. Whether it’s deciding which show to watch on Netflix or designating the appropriate time to leave “Big Head” on read, she has all the right answers. This special lady in your life is the go to girl for any occasion. She is a natural-born fixer. Between her adept organizational skills and intuitive savvy, this mama knows how to keep it all together without batting her perfectly placed false lashes. Keep slaying, girl.

To all the moms of friend groups out there, we appreciate you promoting the welfare of your friends. You rock, girlfriend!

– “A Proud Mom”

Photos courtesy of unsplash.com and giphy.com. 

Kelsey is a fourth year student studying journalism with a minor in communication studies in Athens at the University of Georgia. As a social media specialist for the Charlotte-based digital branding and career consulting agency, The Dean’s List, she assists in developing strategy and repurposing content for audiences on multiple platforms After graduating in Fall 2020, she hopes to start a career in marketing and public relations. Kelsey is a former public speaking national champion and columnist for the Florida/Georgia star. This past summer, she helped welcome over 5,000 new students to the University of Georgia as an Orientation Leader. Some of her other campus involvement includes the Student Alumni Council, University Housing, UGA Career Center Brand Ambassadors and Georgia Football Recruiting. She's been dedicated to inspiring young women through her faith-based lifestyle brand, Uniquely You, since 2016. When she's not working for the Dean’s List or living her best life at UGA, you can catch Kelsey singing Beyonce’s greatest hits, journaling her thoughts or trying out the newest shades of Mac lipstick.