This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Finals Week is right around the corner and you know what that means. Get ready to whip out those coffee-rewards cards and energy bars because you’re probably due to lose a few hours of sleep and free time. This is the moment to give it all you can to either increase or maintain those grades. Although Finals Week can be extremely stressful, some factors are in your control. First of all, you want to be as prepared as possible. Never underestimate your final exams, nor your professors. Be sure to study as hard as you can just in case your professors are looking to challenge all of your hard-work and increase the difficulty level of that final test. Second of all, try not to deprive yourself of that well-earned breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Your body needs as much natural energy as you can provide. The brain cannot function on caffeine alone. Lastly, be aware of what study spots work for you. As hard as this may be, try to abstain from studying in places that are surrounded by lots of people, especially those you are most acquainted with. You’ll never get anything done. On that note, I’m guessing that you’re probably clueless of all the awesome study spots. What makes them so awesome? Well, no one is hardly there simply because not many people really give these spots a second thought. These spots aren’t exactly hidden, but they aren’t exactly popular either. We’ve a listed a few of the hidden UGA study spots below. Check them out sometime. You’ll more than likely benefit from them in every way.

1. Law Library

Of course, you never thought to stop by the Law Library. You’re not a law student. Well, we have big news for you. This place is extremely quiet, bright, and open to everyone. There are comfortable seats and plenty of outlets. In fact, this library contains a Jittery Joes coffee shop, so you won’t really need to leave the building until it’s time to go home.

2. MLC Reading Room

The reading room is the perfect place to study throughout all hours of the day; it’s on the third floor of the Miller Learning Center. In this particular study area students are not allowed to talk whatsoever. The reading room is specifically for students who are completely indulged in their textbooks or notes. Again, if you are need of some caffeine, a Jittery Joes coffee shop is only one floor below. 

3. Memorial Hall

You can always pay Memorial Hall a visit, even when you’re not registering for classes. Not only does this place contain a mini computer lab on the second floor, but it also has various little rooms that are complete for studying. Memorial Hall also gets pretty empty after the advisors clock-out, so there won’t be much traffic to distract you. 

4. Special Collections Library

There’s always that special part of campus that no one really visits too often and this includes the Special Collections Library. This place is a good spot to take over when you’ve finished your final exam for the day and you need to study for the next one. The view is perfect and the atmosphere is peaceful.

5. Science Library

There’s always room for a few more at the Science Library. You can choose to sit at a desk that contains a computer and plenty of working space or you can choose to take your books to one of their cushioned chairs and sofas. Again, you’ll be surrounded by like-minded pupils who are looking to get the best out of their studying experience. Needless to say, the Science Library is silent.

Happy finals, collegiettes!

Malarie is a junior at the University of Georgia, majoring in both English and Human Development and Family Sciences. She is a huge bookworm, and she hopes to work for a publishing company in the near future. Malarie loves eating the best foods, hunting for good music, traveling, and reading very very long books. Needless to say, you'll find that most of her articles center on her hobbies. Her goal, as a writer for Her Campus, is to amuse and inform all of her readers.
Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).