jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips for Long Distance Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

When it comes to being in a relationship, we all know that things can get pretty complicated. At first, being in a relationship is one of the most amazing experiences ever. The “honeymoon” stage is amazing with your significant other. But then the real issues start to come along. Whether it’s fights, certain disagreements, or times apart and long distance. Long distance relationships are one of the hardest things a person has to go through. However, there are still ways to make it work!

Texting.

Texting is great for LDRs because you can constantly keep up with your boyfriend or girlfriend. This is great for people who prefer to text than to call each other. Through texting, we can show our emotions through emojis, memes, or GIFs.

Facetiming/Skype.

Video chatting is always a great way to keep in contact with someone. Through Facetime or Skype, we’re able to physically see the person and it feels like we’re even there with them. Video chat is the perfect way to talk since it’s face-to-face communication with your significant other.

Never Take Time for Granted.

Being in a LDR is hard enough, so don’t take your time for granted. Every single second that you have together, use that time wisely. Try to avoid getting in fights as much as possible because you never know how much time left you’ll have with that person. Cherish every single second you have with each other and make the most of it!

Write Letters

Even though technology has progressed so much today, writing letters is always a nice way to keep in contact with someone. Whether it’s writing about the past or just even about how your week is going, you can always look at the letter and keep it in your desk. Writing letters is a great way to write down your thoughts and feelings with your significant other.

My name is Sloan Lewandoski. I'm currently a junior and a communications major at the University of Georgia. A ton of writing is used in my major, and I love being able to write for something that people will want to read. I eventually want to start my own career in real estate, home improvement, or interior design. I want to write on the side for each free moment I have.