Syllabus Week as Told by ‘Gilmore Girls’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Syllabus week is exciting, frustrating and hectic. You have to buy a thousand books, find all of your classes, try to make friends, and get into a new routine. It moves faster than other weeks even with UGA’s start-on-a-Thursday philosophy. Who better to describe syllabus week than the fast-walking, fast-talking Gilmore Girls?

When you have to break out of your winter break sleep schedule and get up early…

When you get to class and no one sits down in any of the desks near you…

When you see your friends on campus…

When you have to introduce yourself to the class with one fun fact…

When your professor says attendance is optional…

When you remember syllabus week is kind of pointless…

When you realize 15 minutes isn’t nearly long enough to get across campus to your next class…

When everyone attends class on syllabus week so all the buses and sidewalks are completely full…

When you find out you have to buy $500 in books…

When someone takes YOUR unassigned seat in class the second day…

When you weasle your way into the last spot in a class after being on the waitlist for months…

When you get assignments and you just can’t…

But in the end you know syllaus week is a necessary evil in order to learn something this semester…

Thumbnail courtesy of Warner Bros.

Caitlyn is a fourth year student at the University of Georgia. She is pursuing a double degree in journalism and women's studies with a new media certificate and an interdisciplinary writing certificate. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UGA. Caitlyn spends her free time drinking tea, being a book worm, and imagining new fictional characters to write about.