Pierce Persons: Panhellenic President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Pierce Persons is the fabulous gal that makes the Greek system here at UGA work efficiently and successfully. This trendy superstar has been working with Panhellenic since her Freshman year when she started out as just a member of the Junior Panhellenic board. Now as a senior, she has managed to climb her way to the top, and still keeps that gorgeous smile while she does it.

Pierce is a Macon native who was accepted to UGA with the Hope Scholarship, and has continued to receive the Order of Omega award throughout her college career. This Grady College of Journalism student is pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Fashion Merchandising.  

Although being an influential idol since she was born, the most impressive aspect about Pierce is her ability to manage all of her activities and still maintain a 3.41 GPA. Pierce is the ultimate example of a selfless role model for others as she is so involved with organizations on campus and off of campus.

As a member of the Student Activities Board in high school, Pierce knew she wanted to do something much bigger than join an individual sorority; she wanted to give back to the entire Greek life (and boy has she!). Pierce joined the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority as a freshman as well as joining the Panhellenic Council that same year. She has served as a Junior Panhellenic Council member, Assistant Panhellenic President, Director of Public Relations for the Panhellenic Council, and now she claims the title of Panhellenic President. Pierce disregards the stress and time Panhellenic requires because she has learned so much from the organization, as well as received many opportunities that she will forever be grateful for.

The second half of this remarkable girl is the time she has dedicated to the Global LEAD organization. Pierce has traveled to South Africa for the past two summers with Global LEAD, and she plans to return for her third summer as a second year intern. She loves the combination of leadership and service that Global LEAD enforces, as those are major factors she is looking for in relation to jobs and future endeavors. Pierce encourages everyone to travel with Global LEAD and have the amazing experiences she’s had.

This busy girl is one of the friendliest and happiest people on the UGA campus. Whatever the topic, Pierce is always welcoming and understanding, and takes pride in every opportunity and conversation she comes across. Her Campus UGA is honored to have Pierce Persons as this week’s Campus Celebrity!

A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter