Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UGA News

How to Write the Perfect Resume

By Kayla Peeples
April 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

First Dates: Expectations vs. Reality

By Helena Joseph
March 30, 2014 - 11:45pm

Looking Good Expectation: You expect to look your very best to the point where you can’t help but stare at yourself in the mirror and think of how lucky the guy will be to have you.      Reality: You rush around our room, tearing it limb to limb. You’re in a desperate search for ANYTHING to wear. You wish you had done laundry the day before and borrowed your best friend’s makeup bag instead.  You rush to do our makeup and hair and scurry out the house and, instead, come outside looking like:   READ MORE

15 Lies UGA Girls Tell Themselves

By Melody Meyer
March 25, 2014 - 7:00am

Does it count as a lie if you’re really just lying to yourself? Whether you want to admit it or not, you’re guilty of one of the following, just accept it.   1. “I'll just have one chocolate chip cookie at ECV.” No shame, girl. We’ve all been there before. READ MORE

7 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight

By Danielle Jackson
March 17, 2014 - 7:00am

Losing weight is hard. Especially in college! Despite how often you exercise and how hard you try to keep up a healthy diet, the pounds just aren’t coming off as easily as you’d imagined. So why is this happening? Well, there may be just a few surprising reasons as to why you just can’t seem to lose any weight. 1. You eat too much READ MORE

Spring Break 2014: Expectation Vs. Reality

By Carter Barrows
March 2, 2014 - 7:00am

Spring Break Dieting Expectations Reality Because the best kind of six pack is of beer, am I right? The last day of class before spring break Expectation Reality READ MORE

6 Study Breaks to Take During Midterms

By Melody Meyer
February 26, 2014 - 2:00pm

Believe it or not, we are seven weeks into this semester which can only mean one thing: It's midterm week. While pulling an all-nighter with your friends seems like the most effective way to study, your brain will get exhausted during those late hours despite how many Red Bulls and 5 Hour Energy shots you have chugged. Give your mind a rest and schedule breaks in your study sessions. Personally, I like studying for 45 minutes and reward myself with a 15 minute break. Be sure to use your breaks wisely, the internet can often get the best of you, or in this case—the worst of you. READ MORE

How NOT to Win Over Your Dates Parents

By Jackie Kinney
February 21, 2014 - 12:45pm

Make sure you go with someone that you barely know, preferably that guy you talked to once last week downtown or the first boy that made you a drink at the social.  You’re obviously great with first impressions.  When picking out your dress, pick the shortest hem and the highest heels. It’s still a fraternity function,  dress to impress! READ MORE

Valentine’s Day with your [Girl]Friends

By Gracie Preston
February 14, 2014 - 2:00pm

So February 14 is approaching and it is one of those days in the year that can be what you make it.   The foundation for it though is that your significant other is supposed to make you feel special.  Yeah, so for all of us here that are celebrating National Single Awareness day here are ideas to do with your girlfriends. Who let’s face it- are really more important.    TREAT YO SELF     READ MORE

Top 10 Fashionistas to Follow

By Kayla Peeples
February 14, 2014 - 7:00am

There is one F that does not seem so bad to collegiettes—fashion. Search the hashtag OOTD (outfit of the day) on Instagram and instantly see over 20 million posts. Not only are OOTDs a great source of fashion inspiration, but anyone can join the fashionista fun. Here are 10 fashion bloggers on Instagram that will get you through winter and prepared for spring and summer:   READ MORE

Being Brave on Valentine's Day

By ashlynn.fenton
February 13, 2014 - 2:00pm

Wandering recently through my local Kroger, I happened upon the Valentines card section. There were sections entitled “him to her,” “her to him,” even “from the cat,” yet I could not locate a single card for a gay couple. I knew people could be bigoted, but capitalism is an animal of its own. The fact Hallmark has yet to design cards that cater to the LGBT community is counterintuitive, especially in 2014 with the progress that has been made for gay rights. READ MORE