Must Have Songs For Your Spring Break Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

With Spring Break season only a week awat , the preparing begins. Many things will cross your mind during this time. What to pack? Where to go? and most importantly, what songs need to be on your spring break playlist? No need to worry, here is your guide to the Spring Break playlist must haves.

1. Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is a definite must for your playlist. With the great beat and humorous lyrics, it is definitely bound to get the party going.

2. I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift is the ultimate female sing-along. With such relatable lyrics, this Taylor Swift song is perfect for those times you want to belt something out.

3. Harlem Shake by Baauer is best known from the current ‘Harlem Shake’ viral web videos.  Funny video aside, this song is great for the ultimate dance party. People could be inspired to whip out some crazy dance moves after watching the funny viral videos.

4. Scream & Shout (Hit-Boy Remix) by will.i.am featuring Britney Spears, Hit Boy, Waka Flaka Flame, Lil Wayne & Diddy. The amazing list of artists featured in this remix should say enough. The original Scream & Shout is a hit, but this remix takes it to the next level.

5. Yolo by The Lonely Island featuring Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar. The Lonely Island does it again, they took the popular “YOLO” saying and made it satirical. Their song YOLO is perfect for your spring break playlist because, let’s face it, you really do only live once.

6. Alive by Krewella is a perfect female dancing song. With a great beat and a strong female vocal, this song is perfect for every girl that is ready to party.

7. Wild for the Night by A$AP Rocky feat. Skrillex & Birdy Nam Nam has the perfect title for a Spring Break song. This song’s strong beat and lyrics are bound to make anyone go “Wild for the Night” during Spring Break.

8. Downtown by Lady Antebellum is another one of those relatable, sing-along songs for all you girls out there. This song is perfect for the much needed low-key recovery days during Spring Break.

9. Ho Hey by The Lumineers is a mellow song that you can easily sing along to. This alternative song is perfect for those days when you are lounging around.

10. Cruise by Florida Georgia Line is another one of those songs that you can get a group to sing along to, especially in the south. Not as upbeat, this song is good for the car ride to your destination or just for easy listening.

Journalism and Mass Communications major at The University of Georgia.