This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The midpoint of the fall semester is quickly approaching and that means, you guessed it–midterms! That’s right, the second most dreaded exam of the semester is already here, the MLC is crowded and everyone’s wondering how they’re going to make it through the week. If your one of those people, here are 6 helpful tips to carry into the week with you…

LOCATION

Find your favorite spot and call it home for the week! For a lot of people, having the right environment to study in makes a world of difference. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop, the library, MLC, etc., make sure it’s somewhere you can focus!

TIME MANAGEMENT

Managing your time well is always the key to success, but it’s especially helpful in a stressful time like midterms. If you have a planner, you should already have the dates and times of your midterms written down. Use this to determine how you’re going to allot your time to each subject. This also means making sure you give yourself plenty of time to study before the test to feel prepared—no one actually enjoys all-nighters.

ORGANIZATION

This is also another key to success, and will be your best friend when you’re studying for midterms! If you don’t have your resources, notes, etc. organized when you’re studying, it’s going to make the process A LOT more complicated for you. In a time like this, added complication is the last thing you need. Try creating folders for each class, storing all of your notes, study guides, articles, etc. in these folders and putting them on your desktop so they’re easy to locate when you need to pull them up!

STUDY GUIDES 

The single most important part of studying for any test, especially midterms and finals. Creating a study guide not only helps you review the information while you are in the process of making it, but it also gives you an organized way to study all of the information needed in one central location! Tip: Print out your study guide and take it with you to have for studying-on-the-go!

BE PREPARED

Before you start the studying process, know what study methods are going to work for you! Whether that’s having a set of flash cards handy or taking the time to color-code your notes, you should establish this before-hand. This will allow you to be more efficient with the time you allot yourself to study.

SANITY

During midterms week, it is actually necessary to remind yourself to keep your sanity. There will be many times you will be ready to give and drop-out (we’ve all been there), but it is NOT an option and you must persist! Remember to be kind to your body and make sure you get plenty of rest, water and breaks from the computer screen.

Cover Photo Courtesy of Pexels

Hi, my name is Taylor Harris. I am a sophomore at UGA and a Journalism major. I love anything media related including writing, taking pictures and creating graphics!