Jaci Soukhathivong ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Name: Jaci Soukhathivong (Pictured on the left.)

Year: Freshman

Major: Digital Broadcast Journalism

Hometown: Suwanee, GA

How did you end up at UGA?: It was one of the top universities I wanted to go to, and when I got accepted I knew I wanted to come here.

What are you most excited for when it comes to being in a sorority?: I think I’m most excited to get to know the girls. I picked Pi Phi because most of the girls were down to earth and personable.

What are you looking forward to this semester?: I’m looking forward to Spring break and being with my sorority sisters. I’m also looking forward to my birthday in April.

Fun fact: (She recently auditioned for The Voice.) It was a learning experience. When I went to audition for the voice there were about a thousand people. I had to wait for about four hours and there were a lot of talented people. I didn’t go in thinking that I would get a call back or not, I went in for the experience. After I got the call back I was super excited to make it to round 2.

Favorite moment at UGA so far?: I would say bid day for Pi Phi. After we were initiated all the girls went to a social at Sig Ep. Everyone was super nice and super welcoming, then we all went downtown. 

Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).