Style > Beauty

I Tried These Eyebrow Products So You Didn’t Have To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s the year of thick eyebrows. For months now, every time I’ve purchased makeup, I’ve bought a different type of eyebrow implement to see which one I liked the best. There’s something about having strongly defined eyebrows that makes you feel like you have your life under control and can do anything. The most important thing to remember when filling in your brows is to make sure that they look natural. Whether you have naturally thin eyebrows or naturally thick eyebrows, there’s a product out there that will help you achieve the eyebrows of your dreams. 

1. Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer

The eyebrow gel took a while to grow on me. At first, it gave my eyebrows the feeling of being oily. I didn’t like how it hardened my eyebrows. However, after I got used to the feel of the gel, I began to like it a lot.The gel is a great option if you want to manage unruly eyebrows or set your brow shape. Depending on the gel you get, this can be a heavier option for your brow makeup. Another plus to this type of product is that it’s long lasting and the tip doesn’t easily break like some pencils do. It took me MONTHS to get through the Maybelline eyebrow gel I bought. You can find this product at your typical grocery store from $6.00 – $12.00. 

2. Clinique Brow Keeper 

The eyebrow pencil is great for changing up your eyebrow’s shape, thickening your eyebrows after a wild tweezing session, or filling in a bald patch. After drawing on the shape you desire, brush over your brows to give it a filled in look. One drawback to some types of eyebrow pencils is that the tip breaks off if you’re not too careful when applying it. This problem can be avoided if you get a classic eyebrow pencil. However, if you’re looking for a lighter look, the pencil is the product for you. The Clinique Brow Keeper offers a more expensive option found at most stores for $10 – $18.00. 

3. COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Micro-Fine Fill 

If you’re looking for a more subtle look, the Covergirl Easy Breezy Micro- Fine Fill is perfect for your needs. This is great if you have thin eyebrows that need just a little touch. It’s easy to use and you don’t have to worry about a heavy look. I found that this made my eyebrows look more natural, due to the small tip. It definitely gave me a softer look as opposed to strong eyebrows. It’s also a cheaper option, typically found from $5.00 to $9.00. 

4. Draw The Line Eyebrow Pencil by Flower Cosmetics

This is by far my favorite eyebrow pencil. Before using this product, I had never heard of Flower Cosmetics before but I will definitely be trying more of their products in the future. The pencil gave me a light look that was just enough to fill in the gaps. My only complaint about the product was that if I put too much pressure on the pen when applying it to my eyebrows, the tip would break easily. There’s nothing worse than the tip of the eyebrow pencil breaking off followed by feeling like you wasted money. After a long search of eyebrow products, I think this is the one I’ll use for now on. This is a great option for a cheap price. It can be found at your grocery store for $6.00 – $10.00. 

Whether your eyebrow goals are to have super arched or super thick eyebrows, there’s a product out there for you! It may just take a few tries before you find the best eyebrow utensil that fits you. 

Thumbnail image via Unsplash

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.