How to Find the Motivation You Desperately Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s April. School’s almost out. It’s starting to get warmer. Summer is just a few, short weeks away. There’s only one problem. Motivation is nowhere to be found. Where are you, motivation? No one seems to know where you’re at. Have no fear, and don’t freak out. Here are some tips to help you find motivation in your life!

TIP 1

Dream on! When you’re in a rut and can’t seem to find motivation to get your work done, think about your future. Think about where you’ll be in five, ten, or even twenty years from now. Think about the amazing degree and career you’ll have. Dream about the little things too. What will your kitchen look like? What will you do on the weekends? Just remember that you’ll have to get through that Calculus test or English essay before you can live your dream life!

TIP 2

Don’t be afraid to search for motivation! Take the time to look on Pinterest and find some quotes to inspire you to get your life together. If a quote saying that “If you haven’t felt like quitting, your dreams aren’t big enough” or telling you to “Be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class” keeps you motivated, save it as your lock screen wallpaper, read it every day, or do whatever you can to make sure you get the motivation you need from it!

TIP 3

Set up a motivating playlist!  Maybe it’s Confident by Demi Lovato or maybe it’s Run the World (Girls) by Beyoncé that gets you motivated to slay whatever you’re doing or slay life in general. Whichever songs make you feel inspired and amazing, put them together and jam out to music that’ll give you some motivation!

Do what you know works! Everyone’s different, and everyone has different ways to get motivated. It could be exercising or listening to a motivating podcast that gets you in the zone. Whatever it is that motivates you, embrace it so we can live our best lives together!

Photo Sources: [1 and 2]

Shania is a journalism and political science student at The University of Georgia, graduating in May 2021. She loves writing and spent the first couple years of her college career writing and editing for Her Campus!