Hannah Mason: Humanitarian Impact

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Meet Hannah Mason, a second year International Affairs major from Dublin, GA! A true example of a selfless humanitarian, Hannah’s contributions at UGA have had tremendous impacts. 

What made you want to come to UGA?

From the moment I drove pass UGA during the UGA vs USC game my junior year of high school, I knew I had to come here. The atmosphere, the people, and the feels I got were so unreal and incomparable.

What’s your favorite part about attending UGA?

The people I’ve met. I’ve never been in a place with such loving, intentional, and unique people. The friends I’ve made here are everything to me.

What’s your favorite place on campus?

The Niche!

Why did you decide to major in International Affairs?

I chose international affairs because of my interest in human rights and my desire to one day work in a nonprofit that advocates for human trafficking victims.

What organizations are you involved in on campus?

UGA Miracle, Wesley/Freshley, Pinky Promise, and NCNW

What’s one experience that you’ve had at UGA so far that has impacted you the most?

It’s a tie between participating in the Miss Black and Gold Pageant and being involved with helping raise a MILLION dollars for CHOA.

Tell us a little about your future trip to Kenya.

In Kenya, I’ll be working with choose to invest, a global discipleship program that desires to grow young college students in their relationship with the Lord while sharing the love of Christ with the people there.

What are your plans after graduation?

I hope to get a job working in a nonprofit and possibly move to Europe.

Favorite quote?

“And if not, He is still good.” Daniel 3:18

Kristen Adaway is a sophomore at the University of Georgia with a slight obsession of Twizzlers, writing and watching corny Lifetime flicks. When she's not consumed with meetings in almost every organization on campus, you can find her writing at Slant News or rocking out to Rihanna in her room. Kristen is pursuing a degree in Journalism with a minor in Sociology, and hopes to one day write for a digital publication.