This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Welcome to Athens, where our game day attire is even hotter than Georgia weather!

There comes a time in Athens when the heat starts to become a little more bearable, the students are getting back into the rhythm of classes, and the whole city prepares for upcoming Saturdays spent between the hedges. With this upcoming football season, red and black will dominate our wardrobes. It is a tradition for students to wear jerseys and dress up for games. Having downtown Athens near campus has its advantages, including the copious amounts of boutiques supplying Georgia girls with the perfect game day outfits. My friend Hannah and I scoped out cute trends and perfect spots to find them for this season. Go dawgs!

1. The Simple Red or Black Dress

You cannot go wrong with a simple red or black dress. Why bother putting together a complex outfit when you can throw on a dress? To spice it up or add some more spirit, go for a bralette and/or a beaded necklace. The red dress above is from The Cheeky Peach! This little boutique near Trapeze Pub has the nicest sales associates that will help you put together the perfect outfits! It is a simple red dress with a lace-up detail on the side that retails for $42. The black dress has lace detailing near the neck, and it is versatile. Everyone needs a LBD, and it can be used for so many other things besides game days. This number is from American Threads ($42.99). American Threads is in the same area as The Cheeky Peach, Clayton Street and Hull Street, and offers a bunch of boho-inspired clothes. 

2. Rompers/ Jumpsuits

If you are not one for dresses but want the flair and simplicity of them, try rompers or jumpsuits! The romper was found at The Cheeky Peach for $41, and the red necklace paired with it is $34. In the second photo, Hannah is wearing a jumpsuit from Dress Up that is now on sale for $25. Dress Up is my go-to place where I can always find an outfit for any occasion. They are very affordable and always have awesome sales. Next time you go, use the code Pham10 for ten percent off a full-priced item!

3. White Dresses

Change it up a bit by wearing a light, neutral color like white. Pairing black and red accessories would make these dresses cute, game day staples. The first white and black dress from The Cheeky Peach is a Free People dress that retails for $138. The off-the- shoulder printed dress under it is from American Threads for $39.99. I always love white dresses, especially when you have to stand outside in the heat for hours! 

4. Tops

While scouring high and low in the boutiques, I fell in love with flowy tank tops and off-the-shoulder tops. If putting together the perfect outfit is your thing, try stylish tops and pair them with black shorts or maybe even a jean skirt! The Impeccable Pig offers some very cute game day tops as shown is both of the pictures above. Off-the-shoulder tops and flowy tank tops are some of the most bearable options for the Georgia heat!

5. Accessories/ Shoes

When thinking about jewelry, check out long strands of beads and tassel necklaces this season! Fringe has various options when looking for jewelry. For shoes, finding cute but comfortable sandals, flats, or booties is the goal. After all, we do have to stand and cheer on our Dawgs! Dress Up offered some great options with black and white flats that are $19.99 and $22.99. If comfort is very important for you, check them out! The Cheeky Peach is the place to find cute wedges and sandals! In the back of the boutique, they have a “Shoe Bar” with dozens of cute picks.

Athens offers a plethora of options when looking for the perfect attire, so you will never have to worry about what to wear on game day. Some other great places we came across downtown were The Red Dress Boutique, Urban Outfitters, and Pitaya. Also, check out TJ Maxx and Francesca’s straight down Baxter Street! They offer very affordable and trendy options. Also, remember to express your inner dawg through your own style at all of the games you go to! The memories you make at football games will always be with you, and you only have a limited time to experience them as a college student. Have pride in UGA and in our football team!

I am a freshman at The University of Georgia this year who is an intended journalism major.