Dressing For Your Body Type

Posted -

Rectangle

• Undefined Waist
  • Narrower Hips
  • Small Bust

Also referred to as the slim or Athletic shape, rectangular shaped women have pretty even measurements between their hips, waist and shoulders.

Women with this type of shape should lean towards items that enforce and create curves. Stray from baggy jeans or loose bellowing tops that hide curves. Body con dresses and skirts were made for you. Pleated skirts will add more volume to your bottom half and high-waisted pants will make your legs appear wider and accentuate your waist.

Avoid most horizontal stripes, and complement your natural lines with asymmetrical or rounded hemlines, and tops with ruffle detailing. Halter tops look great on you, along with boatnecks and off-the-shoulder shirts. Since your body is naturally athletic, you’ll look more feminine in tank tops with a thin, delicate strap. When shopping for jackets and blazers: Look for soft shoulders and steer clear of boxy, cropped jackets.

When dressing your bottom half, keep in mind that you want to add curves and volume to your lower body.

Your celebrity look-a-likes are Natalie Portman, Cameron Diaz, Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Kerry Washington, Gwen Stefani, Eva Longoria and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Comments