Documenting Your Life for Your Future Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Your life is unique and changes every day, but in several years, you’re probably not going to remember everything that you go through now. From the good times to the bad times, sometimes it’s fun to reminisce about the past. These are some cool and cute ways to document your life.

1. Blogging

Blogging is a cool, modern way to express yourself. Blogging can range from posting about your day to giving your opinion on serious issues. Anyone can view your blog posts and see your life at a certain time and how you change with your life and opinions, as well as your writing style.

2. Diaries

Diaries aren’t just for kids and tweens. They’re a great system for documenting your day. Looking back on what happened at a specific time in your life could be a very fun and nostalgic trip down memory lane.

3. Feelings Journal

A feelings journal, which is a journal that you write in when you feel happiness, sadness, anger, excitement, etc., would be nice to look back at because it shows you what brought you these feelings in the past. Everyone goes through things, and writing down how you feel can help you understand yourself better as well.

4. Bullet Journal

Creating a bullet journal may seem time consuming and keeping old planners may seem like a hoarder’s move, but you won’t regret your decision when you’re looking back at your daily schedule in amusement. You might even want to use some of your past planning techniques.

5. Letters

Writing letters to your future self is a cute way to communicate what you’re going through at a certain time in your life, make sure you’re informed of important information, and tell yourself stories of your current life. 

Photo Sources:

Cover Photo

Image 1

Image 2

Shania is a journalism and political science student at The University of Georgia, graduating in May 2021. She loves writing and spent the first couple years of her college career writing and editing for Her Campus!