Damla Williams: Noteworthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s rare to find someone so well-rounded and passionate as this week’s Campus Celebrity. Junior Damla Williams is involved with a whole host of unique hobbies and activities both on and off campus. She is a member of Noteworthy, which is UGA’s only all-female acapella singing group. This organization requires competitive auditions and of course- musical talent.

“I love music and I was looking for a group that didn’t require you to be a music major, and I found this,” she says. “Noteworthy is like a second family to me. We’re all extremely close and we hang out regularly outside of the two-hour rehearsals we have twice a week. It’s nice to have such a supportive group.”

When she’s not busy with performances, Damla continues to involve her musical talents with her own independently-written songs and lyrics. In addition to a degree in psychology, Damla hopes to continue her love for music by promoting her own Soundcloud.

Like many collegiettes, Damla loves fashion and everything that it entails. After giving modeling a try in high school, she decided to find additional opportunities to pursue this venture. She joined The Agency, which is UGA’s own campus modeling organization in order to be involved in as much modeling and fashion styling as possible. So far she’s been able to participate in multiple local fashion shows and has even been featured in a few UGA magazines including Little Red Book!

Keep an eye out for this Queen B. You’re guaranteed to see more of her in the future!

Third-year student at UGA double majoring in Germanic & Slavic Languages and Communications Studies. I adore all things beauty and fashion and have been devouring magazines and beauty blogs for as long as I can remember. Language and culture are my passion and I hope to one day combine my interests into an exciting and fulfilling career!
Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).