Christine Nguyen: Dawgs After Dark Coordinator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Our campus celebrity this week is Christine Nguyen. A sophomore from Acworth, Georgia, Christine came to UGA as a science major. She has not specifically decided what she wants to major in, but she is considering both Psychology and Biochemistry. Christine wants to live overseas at some point and work as a doctor, possible with Doctors Without Borders.

Christine is very involved around campus. In addition to working with Whatever It Takes Tutoring, Dawg Day of Service and the Franklin Residential College, Christine is the University Union Dawgs After Dark Coordinator. This is a huge responsibility that involves a great deal of time and effort. She is in charge of planning all of the Dawgs After Dark events around campus, a task that involves renting rides, planning activities and ordering food for the huge number of students who come out to the events. For those who do not know much about Dawgs After Dark, it is a part of UGA’s Friday Late Night Programming Division. It occurs periodically throughout the year on Friday nights. Some past Dawgs After Dark events included Tacky Prom and DADcon, and you can look for upcoming events throughout the year.

Christine also helps with the planning of other activities around campus, with her latest big project being the Captain’s Coming event. This event brought in a large number of students who all had a blast playing this classic Simon Says-like game in Tate Grand Hall where they also received free event tank tops. Christine welcomes all those who are interested in volunteering with University Union to attend a meeting and become more involved with this amazing, over-arching organization here at UGA.

One of Christine’s favorite authors is Walt Whitman. She loves attending football games at UGA, cooking, and watching shows like How I Met Your Mother and Awkward. She also enjoys exploring Athens. To sum up Christine in one phrase, when asked to describe herself as a crayon color, she said, enthusiastically, “Tickle-Me Pink!”

Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).