The Denver Broncos Beat the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The Denver Broncos shocked the nation tonight as they embrace their win as the Super Bowl 50 Champions of 2016.

The Broncos started out strong 10-0 at the end of the first quarter and never lost the lead ending 24-10 against the Carolina Panthers.

Though the Panthers fought hard, they fell short with only one rushing touchdown from running back Jonathan Stewart. Star quarterback Cam Newton completed 18 out of 41 attempted passes for 265 yards and ran 6 times for 45 yards.

Meanwhile, as the oldest quarterback to play in a Super Bowl, Peyton Manning completed 13 out of 23 passes for 141 yards.

The Broncos had two touchdowns, one rushing by running back C.J. Anderson and a fumble return from strong safety T.J. Ward, including a two point conversion in the fourth quarter. Kicker Brandon McManus was 3-3 in field goal attempts. Offensive linebacker Von Miller received the Super Bowl MVP award of the night.

Though arguably not the best performance from either team, it was a well fought game that will keep us talking all summer long. Until next fall, NFL fans.

P.S. COLDPLAY, BRUNO MARS, AND BEYONCE = MAGIC

Journalism and Communications major at the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs). Football lover and ice cream enthusiast.