Breaking the Worst University Myths

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

You may or may not finish your undergrad in four years for a number of reasons. You may decide to double major, change your major, or you feel that you will do better if you changed your pace. Which ever is your case, don’t worry if you don’t graduate in four years. As long as you graduate, that’s all that matters. Try to make the most out of your time in college, by gaining as much knowledge and experience you feel is appropriate for your desired field. Most employers do not care if you took 1 or 10 years to graduate, they just want to make sure you received a degree and are qualified to do the job. 

There are many ways to make friends, whether you are in a sorority or not. Many people have a full college life without being a member of a sorority. Do not think that your social life is dependent on being a member of a sorority. 

Although you could meet the love of your life, do not come into college expecting it to happen. If you meet someone, and you have a great connection with them, that’s fantastic. At the same time, being a single lady in college is not a bad thing. Like all relationships, allow things to happen naturally. After all, this is college, you are here for yourself first.

Some people do not go to any parties while some people party all the time. Do not feel pressured to go to parties if you know that is not your scene. Remember, there is no such thing as popularity in college, so don’t try to make impressions on your peers. 

Don’t forget that you pay to go to college. Therefore you should take full advantage of the resources available to you. Your professors care about you as a person as do your counselors and mentors. Everyone in college wants you to perform well and graduate. Universities have plenty of resources to assist you with whatever needs you have — often these resources are only an email or a phone call away. 

SaveSave

SaveSave