’90s Fashion We All Still Love Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

They say that fashion trends resurface about every 20 years. With 1990 27 years ago (it still feels like 10 years ago!) it’s about time for ’90s fashion to return to the industry. Check out the iconic styles from the 1990s that are making a comeback.

1. High-Waisted Jeans

High-waisted jeans used to be viewed as “mom” jeans, but millennials have turned them into a must-have in every wardrobe. No longer do high-waisted jeans signify that you are a mom with kids running around. They are now for tres-chic millenials who have an eye for fashion.

2. Crop Tops

It seems like crop tops are everywhere you look nowadays, especially in the summer months. They are necessary for every successful wardrobe and can be worn with basically anything. We all love crop tops to show off our toned and tanned tummies in the summer.

3. Plaid Flannels

Plaid flannels are a staple of every millennial’s closet. Whether you wrap it around your waist or use it as a jacket, flannels are a versatile piece that can work with just about any outfit. 

4. Chokers

Chokers are a definite must-have for a night out on the town. We all love how chokers come in a variety of different colors and styles so they can express our uniqueness. No matter how much we don’t want to admit it, we all secretly love chokers. 

5. Backpack Purses 

We all love backpack purses because they have plenty of room to hold all of our things and they fit uniformly over our shoulders so they don’t awkwardly hurt one shoulder. Leather backpack purses are definitely back in style and we are loving them now more than ever! 

Time to invade your mom’s closet, ladies!

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.