kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Signs You’re Sleep Deprived

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Since seven hours of sleep is what an average person is suppose to get every night, here are seven signs you’re sleep deprived.

1. Always Hungry?

You need energy, and if you can’t get it from a good night sleep, you’re brain uses food as a substitute. A limited amount of rest can increase ghrelin production, which is a hunger hormone in your gut. This can lead to fatty and sugary cravings….and we all know what that leads to…yep that’s right, gaining weight.

2. Decisions, decisions…

Is it hard to make what seems like a simple decision? From standing in front of your closet trying to figure out what to wear for thirty minutes to deciding if you should do homework first before studying for a test. Whatever you’re trying to decide, not having enough rest makes the process of deciding on something more timely.

3. Emotional or Emotionless?

If you’ve caught yourself overreacting to things that normally wouldn’t trigger you, this could be a sign. Being slap-happy can also be a part of this emotional category.

4. Sick of Being Sick

If you find yourself getting rid of a cold only to realize that it still sticks around, your immune system may be weak, which causes you to get sick easily. Without sleep, your immune system will remain weak, and is unable to fully repair.

5. FOCUS in on This

Do you find it hard to read up close? Is it hard for your eyes to focus at times? This is considered a muscle imbalance, which makes it harder for your eyes to perform like they usually do.

6. Beauty Sleep or a Beastly Nightmare?

Did you know that while you’re sleeping, your skin is at work to repair any damaged cells? So if you aren’t getting enough sleep, you can mess up the process. This means more breakouts and potentially wrinkles will appear sooner. Who wants that?

7. Nodding Off

Ever fall asleep without realizing? It might’ve happened to you in class, at work, or even while driving. This is basically your brain telling you it doesn’t care what you’re doing or if you’re trying to stay awake, it will find a way to get you to sleep.  

For more signs, and more information, check out this article!  

"Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world." -Brene Brown| Future Broadcaster| As always...Go Dawgs! Yours Truly, V ♡