jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Signs You’re Dealing With a F***boy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

If you’re reading this, chances are you know the type: confident, good looking, and completely charming. I’m here to help you not fall victim to the players often disguised by a smooth talking façade.

I know how it usually starts. Especially as a somewhat introverted person, having the life of the party show interest in you is exciting and hard to resist. But it’s important to take a step back and ask yourself if his intentions are legit. Here are seven signs your guy could be shady.

His “bros” are jerks

This one is important. The people you choose to surround yourself with says a lot about you, and in his case, it may not always be good. 

The majority of his friends are girls

While this may not necessarily mean he’s a player, when he gets stopped every five minutes while you’re out to hug another girl, it gets old. 

He gives you the cold shoulder when you don’t go home with him

You. Don’t. Owe. Him. Anything. 

Your friends hate him

If your friends repeatedly roll their eyes and discourage you from seeing him, there is usually a valid reason. It may not be easy to hear, but deep down you know they’re right. Listen to them.

He doesn’t care about said friends

When he can’t remember your best friends’ names despite multiple introductions, it’s a major red flag.

He makes you feel insufficient

No girl should ever have to waste their time on a guy that doesn’t care. YOU ARE FLAWLESS.

He wears his frat stitch everywhere

This one should be self explanatory.

It can be hard to call it quits, but in the end, I can almost guarantee it’ll make you happier. Keep your heads high and standards higher!

Wellsley Kesel is a third year journalism student at The University of Georgia. She is a major advocate for healthy living and hopes to one day become a health or lifestyle writer for a high-profile magazine. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her at the gym, scouring Pinterest for fashion and clean eating inspo, and stalking goldendoodle instagram accounts. Find her on instagram @wellsley.j for a peek into her life adventures!