5 Fashion Trends to Look Out for This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Spring is upon us and the weather is warming up here in Georgia. It won’t be long before summer arrives and if you plan on keeping cool, but still want to look hot, then here are five trends to look forward to for summer 2016.

1. Bare Shoulders

If you want to show some skin, but not too much, then off-the-shoulder tops will be your go-to trend this summer. It’s sexy, subtle, and will keep you cool in the sweltering heat.

2. LWD (Little White Dress)

We’ve all heard of the LBD (little black dress), which is an essential item that almost every girl has in her wardrobe. In the warmer months, switch out the black dresses for white. Like the LBD, LWDs flatter and compliment almost every body type. They’re also simple and easy to style.

3. T-Shirt Dress

T-shirt dresses were quite popular last year, and seem to be a favorite trend again this year. They’re casual, so you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for style. Pair a T-shirt dress with sneakers, a denim or chambray jacket and you have a casual and cool outfit that’s perfect for running errands or going to class.

4. Lace Up Flats

Lace up flats are a unique spin on the ordinary flat shoe. You still have the comfort of wearing flats, but the lace up string around the ankles and legs give the look a slight edge.

5. Wide Pants

This particular trend is fun, sophisticated, and versatile. Style a pair of structured, wide pants for a professional look, or choose a pair of wide pants made from a lighter and more breathable fabric. Style this with a crop top and a pair of wedges to complete the look.

I am a third year student at UGA and an intended broadcast journalism major.