5 Cheap and Chic Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

One of the best parts of Halloween, besides all of the yummy candy, is being able dress up in fun costumes. The best Halloween costumes tend to be super pricy. However, it is totally possible to have a cute costume for Halloween without breaking the bank. Here are some cheap, but chic costume ideas that will have you looking stylish on Halloween.

Beanie Babies: If you consider yourself a 90’s kid, then you probably remember beanie babies as the lovable stuffed animals that everyone loved to collect.  Beanie babies are a great Halloween costume for collegiettes because they are such a fun twist on the classic animal costume. All you need is as solid color dress depending on your animal (for a cat, you would need a black dress), animal ears, and eyeliner to draw on a cute nose or whiskers. Don’t forget to create a large, red heart-shaped tag and attach a red ribbon to wear it around your neck!

Toddlers & Tiaras: Unleash your inner mini diva with a Toddlers & Tiara inspired costume. All you need is a tutu, pacifier, beauty pageant sash, and tiara to turn yourself into a mini-pageant queen. Make sure to tease your hair really big and give yourself over the top makeup to complete the look.

The Pretty Little Liars Gang: Fans of the hit-show Pretty Little Liars will enjoy this costume. It’s the perfect costume idea that allows you to include your girlfriends. Since there are four main characters (Hanna, Emily, Aria, and Spencer), you and three of your best friends can each be a different pretty little liar. You will need to wear an LBD (little black dress) and rub some “dirt” ( a dark shade of bronzer) over your face and arms.

Tiffany’s Box: If you’re a girl that values the finer things in life, then being a Tiffany’s box would be the perfect costume for you. This simple costume requires a tiffany blue dress, a white ribbon to be worn in a bow around your waist, and some pearls. You should also tape a piece of paper on your dress that says “Tiffany & Co.” to finish your costume!

A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter