books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Books to Add to Your Spring Break Reading List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Heart-pounding romance, danger, adventure, faeries, and best of all – magic. A Court of Thorns and Roses is a thrilling new adult novel about 19-year-old Feyre Archeron, a skilled fighter who, after accidently killing a disguised member of the High Court, is taken captive and brought to the magical realm of Prythian. Sarah J. Maas is an incredible writer who knows just how to weave a beautiful, intense, and magical story. You won’t be able to put it down!

2. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Can you imagine being allergic to the world around you? Well, that’s basically the life of 17-year-old Madeline. This book deals with personal struggle, young romance, new adventures, and self-discovery. It also features diverse characters, including our young Afro-Asian narrator. Bonus points – it has been turned into a movie to be released this year, starring Amandla Stenberg and Nick Robinson!

3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Another adventure filled with magic and mystery. This recently released novel by author Stephanie Garber is reminiscent of the (absolutely fantastic) 2013 stand-alone novel The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Caraval only comes but once a year, and it’s said that it is the closest thing to magic you will ever experience. The audience gets to join in on the performance, but two sisters will learn there is more to the story than they could have ever imagined. As the young girls are thrown into the dangerous game, they must put their lives, futures, and feelings on the line in order to make it to the end.

4. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson

This fun, light-hearted contemporary novel will have you looking forward to your own summer adventure. After Emily’s spontaneous, fun, and outgoing best friend Sloane up and disappears, she finds all she has left behind for her is a list of activities she must complete by the end of the summer. Some things are easy enough, others… not so much. They will have Emily pushing boundaries and doing things she never thought possible for herself. It’s another book of adventure, love, and self-discovery that you will not want to put down. By the end of it, you’ll be making a summer to-do list of your own!

5. Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth 

The latest novel by best-selling author Veronica Roth, Carve The Mark features a strong, powerful female protagonist named Cyra who lives in a dangerous and deadly world. Her brother is the cruel and masterful ruler of the Shotet people, and uses her power and skill as his own personal weapon. However, she’s ready to prove she is more than just her brother’s little puppet. As she teams up with the son of an enemy family, this story will take you on a thrilling adventure that will have you begging for the next book.

That’s it! I hope you all have a wonderful spring break! Let me know which books you think should’ve been on this list in the comments below!

Sophomore at UGA. I am an English major, book-lover, and an aspiring novelist. I love traveling. I've been to twenty-six countries in the last six years, and I can't wait to explore more! Among other things I also enjoy photography, art, and sports.