5 April Fool’s Day Tricks for the Prankster in You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

April Fool’s Day is every devious prankster’s favorite holiday. There are endless possibilities when it comes to getting revenge on your mischievous friends from whoopee cushions to the old ‘toothpaste in an oreo’ trick. Stay ahead of the game this year with these easy ideas.

1. The Dog Food Trick

It’s surprising how closely some foods look to others. If your roommate devours Cocoa Puffs each morning, buy some spherical dog food and intermingle it with the cereal. They’ll have no idea that their delicious chocolaty spoonful is tainted with the meaty taste of Kibbles n’ Bits. However, be prepared for your victim to expect a replacement of their food after the prank takes its toll.

2. Lather, Lather, Repeat

Grab your clear nail polish and paint a layer over a bar of soap. The next time your victim hops in the bath tub, they’ll lather and lather to no avail. That’s what they get for hogging the shower every the morning.

3. Spring Forward

Set their clock forward an hour. They’ll be rushing out the door only to make it to class before the professor even gets there!

4. The Fake Bug Trick

Fake plastic bugs are an oldie but a goodie. You can find some of the most realistic-looking toy insects at your local Dollar Tree or Michael’s for a few dollars. Keep them in your pocket and sneak one near your roommate when they’re not looking. For an added creepy effect, tie a thin string to one of the legs and gently tug to make it look alive and bloodthirsty.

5. Crying Over Spilled Nail Polish

Here’s yet another nail polish trick to scare your roommate into FINALLY cleaning their room up. Spill some nail polish on wax paper and let it dry. Carefully peel it off and lay it somewhere on the carpet with the rest of the bottle to look like an accidental spill. Maybe that will instill some organization habits into them.

Keep in mind this holiday that pranks are meant to be fun and harmless. Don’t do anything that you know will cause physical or emotional damage. Most importantly, keep on the lookout. You never know when you’ll be the target of the joke. 

Third-year student at UGA double majoring in Germanic & Slavic Languages and Communications Studies. I adore all things beauty and fashion and have been devouring magazines and beauty blogs for as long as I can remember. Language and culture are my passion and I hope to one day combine my interests into an exciting and fulfilling career!
Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).