3 Signs You Might Be Crossing the Line to Creepy With Your Crush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

So you finally find a guy who is crush worthy! Congrats! But you aren’t sure how to approach it. Do you wait (possibly) forever for him to notice you? Or should you make the first move? Here are three things to keep in mind when flirting with a guy, so you don’t cross that line into creepy. 

1. You make it known that you’ve throroughly stalked their social media

Let’s be honest: we all look through our crush’s Facebook and Instagram to reinforce the fact that they are perfect for us. But when you start acting upon all that newfound knowledge about them? Creepy. No one wants to talk to somebody who has found out a bunch of information about them online. Not only is it creepy, but it also shouts desperation. You, my friend, are too much of a catch to be affected by these negative behaviors!

2.  “Accidentally” running into them multiple times within a 24-hour period

Sure, you may see them from across the campus green. Or you may run into each other at a party. No biggie! But then you figure out their class schedule, and coincidentally end up in the same place at the same time. No one wants to turn around and see someone lurking on the street behind them. 

3.  Texting them 1000 times in one day if they don’t reply

Maybe they’re just busy or maybe they’re ignoring you. But if they don’t reply to you, take the hint and move on. If you keep texting them, it will just make everything worse and possibly push them away!

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.