3 Apps to Help You Get Your Life Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The month of April is approaching rather quickly. It’s only a matter of time before we’ll finally be able to do away with those winter sweaters and bring out those showy, spring outfits that we’ve been dying to wear. Not to mention, we only have to mark-off one more month until summer vacation can finally begin. While some of us are more prepared than ever, most of you are still trying to get your life in order for the new season. Well, there’s no need to stress any longer. For those of you who are lost in the struggle, you may be able to solve your problems with just a swipe of your finger. Here are three great apps that may not only get you ready for that awesome summer road trip, but may also enhance your life permanently. Whether you’re trying to trim your body for that skimpy bikini or simply improve some other aspect in your life, these apps may be just right for you. And they’re all free!

1. Fooducate

This particular app is very reliable in terms of dieting or eating healthier. It provides a scanner for the barcodes on the back of your favorite food products, educating you of the ingredients. You’ll no longer be in doubt of what you’re really eating on a daily basis. Fooducate grades food items based on its calories, vitamins, preservatives, etc.  Now you can keep track of your food intake on a much healthier level. 

2. Seven

The gym can be very inconvenient when our schedules are so busy. Which is why there’s an app that introduces you to exercises that only require several minutes of your time and still provide you with a hearty workout. Seven provides you with 12 different exercises that are only 30 seconds each. There’s no need to run home and grab your gym bag because you can perform these exercises right where you are. This workout isn’t the easiest, but you can’t expect to get your heart racing in seven minutes by doing simple exercises. Nevertheless, the results won’t disappoint you. 

3. Spending Tracker

We all know that dieting and exercising can be the least of our troubles, especially when we’re talking about money. The Spending Tracker app provides you with all the necessary tools to prevent you from spending all of your check in one week, or in one day. You can sync information from this app to more than one device. This app puts all of your purchases into separate categories, allowing you to see exactly where all of your money is going. It’ll pull-up all of your expenses so that you can better decide whether or not that cheeseburger meal is worth you putting a bigger dent in your account. 

Responsibility can be pretty difficult but that’s what being a collegiette is all about. We may not always have to the answers, but at least we have these smartphone apps to help us get our lives in order. HCXO.

Malarie is a junior at the University of Georgia, majoring in both English and Human Development and Family Sciences. She is a huge bookworm, and she hopes to work for a publishing company in the near future. Malarie loves eating the best foods, hunting for good music, traveling, and reading very very long books. Needless to say, you'll find that most of her articles center on her hobbies. Her goal, as a writer for Her Campus, is to amuse and inform all of her readers.
Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).