photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

18 Reasons to Stop Everything and Watch Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

On Thursday night at 8 pm, every Meredith Grey wannabe will stop what they’re doing and turn on the TV to catch Meredith herself, and all the other Grey-Sloan Memorial surgeons, take on season 12 of Grey’s Anatomy. To fully prepare yourself for the best hour of your life since last season ended, we’ve highlighted a few of the indescribable Grey’s Anatomy moments- the moments that explain why you keep coming back to your favorite hospital in Seattle every week.

1. Because riding on a ferry boat with Derek Shepherd has moved to the top of your bucket list. 

2. Because Christina told Meredith she was her person, and after you heard it, you desperately hoped your best friend would say the same thing to you. 

3. Because Izzie cut the LVAD wire for the love of her life, Denny Duquette. And then baked an unimaginable amount of muffins after he died instead of going back to work at the hospital.

4. Because Izzie recovered and talked with the real love of her life, Alex, in 3rd person for an entire scene.

5. And then she spontaneously got married to Alex in the place of Derek and Meredith a few years later.

6. Because Meredith and Derek met. And fell in love. And became perfect. And had perfect children.

7. Because the sticky note happened. Enough said.

8. Because Meredith and Christina fix everything with a dance party and tequila.

9. Because first McDreamy smiled. And then McSteamy smiled.

10. Because Meredith held Christina and cut her out of her wedding dress.

11. Because Lexie Grey happened and added a newfound innocence, immaturity and photographic memory to the show.

12. Because George wrote 007 in Meredith’s hand.  And we all wanted to stop watching the show because we all lost the ultimate gal pal. 

But then we got a hold of ourselves and imagined our lives without Grey’s Anatomy.

13. Because Meredith built a house of candles for Derek.

14. Because, just like the interns, you were actually scared for your life when Dr. Bailey (the Nazi) walked in the room.

15. Because Jackson told us that he’s “the pretty one” in his family.

16. Because Arizona wore Heely’s every day to work.

17. Because Jo can dish Alex’s attitude right back to him.

18. Because we all want to be Meredith and Christina. Not because of the surgeon part, but because they really know how to participate in a staff softball game.

Let the Thursday night Shonda Rhimes takeover begin!

Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).