12 Awkward Encounters You’ll Have After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Spring Break is a great time for everyone, no matter what you’re doing.  But for those people who go to the beaches that UGA moves to for a week, you can have lots of encounters with people that you might not think about until once you get back.

1. When you see the guy that helped you walk home from the beach one day when you lost all your friends.

2. Seeing the girl that had been passed out on the beach for hours and now has the worst sunburn you’ve ever seen.

3. The face you make when you pass that cute boy you hit on at a party.

4. Finding the girl that shared her drink with you while on the beach.

5. Running into the random guy who followed you around on the beach because he thought you were “hot.”

6. The face you make when your friend retells the same story every 20 minutes even though you were there when it happened.

7. When you hear your friend met her Prince Charming on spring break and you both become private investigators in order to help her find him.

8. Having someone tell you that you laid out your whole life story to them one night that you don’t remember.

9.  Meeting the girl that held your hair back for you and not being able to stomach giving her the thank you she deserves.

10. Running into the person that you had the greatest adventure across the beach with and wanting to do it all over again.

11. Hearing stories about yourself that you just aren’t ready to accept yet.

12. Seeing all the people that are equally sad to be back in classes instead of frolicking along the beach.

I am a sophomore at the University of Georgia pursuing a degree in Journalism with a minor in Art History. I love traveling to Atlanta to spend days at Ponce City Market, or just traveling anywhere with great food and cool street art.