10 Thoughts After Watching the Riverdale Second Season Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

We can finally be happy that the Riverdale hiatus (or hellatus) is over! Season two just premiered last week with the episode titled, “Chapter 14: A Kiss Before Dying”, and this first episode was a wild ride. It takes place directly after the events of the season one finale when things go down at Pop’s Chock’lit Shoppe. 

SPOILER ALERT: Don’t read this if you haven’t watched the first episode of season two. If you haven’t watched or heard of Riverdale, I highly recommend you shut yourself in your room for a week to binge watch the first season on Netflix

If you did stay tuned for the second season premiere though, check out these ten thoughts we all had while watching it. 

1. Tears are going to flow if something happens to Mr. Andrews. 

Throughout the entire episode, we were all biting our nails wondering what was going to happen to Fred Andrews. Fred has been through it all with Archie, and the writers made the right decision by keeping him on the show!

2. Archie’s secret should have been something more. 

Archie, being one of the few witnesses to the shooting, was questioned about what happened after the “robber” shot his father. His body language and answers were cryptic every time the question was asked. Instead of this huge secret, it just turned out that he was ashamed he didn’t react to help his father more quickly when being faced with the culprit. 

3. Why can’t I be Veronica (specifically in the Archie shower scene)? 

The award for MVP this episode goes to Veronica for refusing to leave Archie alone after he got home from the hospital, even after he yelled at her. I cannot wait to see Veronica and Archie’s relationship develop over the season. Side note: How does KJ Apa look like that at only 20?

4. BUGHEAD FOREVER

This relationship may have been a bit of a surprise at the start of season one, but by the finale, we were all shipping Jughead and Betty. Dear writers, PLEASE keep them together. They balance each other so well, and they are meant to be together.

5. Crazy seems to run in the Blossom family. 

Cue Cheryl pinching her mom’s oxygen cord. The Blossom family seemed perfect on the outside during the very first episode, but by last season’s finale everything went up in flames (literally). There will be some crazy plot points with Cheryl this season. There has to be if she is crazy enough to burn her family’s house down. 

6. Is Jughead really a serpent for life? What will this mean for him and Betty this season? 

Last season, Jughead was given a verbal protection and friendship from the serpents, but does this mean that he is going to fully become one? 

7. Hiram Lodge is a very, very beautiful man. 

Can I say, this is the moment I’ve personally waited for from the beginning? Hiram Lodge is a very powerful player, and this was the first time we got to see him. He is extremely beautiful, but we all know he is about to cause some problems this season. I’m just waiting for the Hiram vs. Fred fight. 

8. Will the serpent past of Betty’s mom be brought up again in this season?

Jughead’s dad already spilled the beans about Betty’s mom being from the Southside. Will her past cause some friction for the plot as well?

9. Why is the murderer targeting people that Archie loves? 

R.I.P  Ms. Grundy. 

10. HAVE WE SEEN/ HEARD ABOUT THOSE GREEN EYES SOMEWHERE?

These green eyes cannot be random! They were flashed several times over the course of the episode. There has to be a personal connection to the man who almost killed Fred and Archie, especially if he went after Ms. Grundy as well. There has to be a clever plan behind this. All I’m saying is that we have to think about all the possibilities, like Betty having a half-sibling she has never met out there…. 

Make sure you guys watch the next episode this Wednesday night at 8pm on The CW!

Cover photo found here

I am a freshman at The University of Georgia this year who is an intended journalism major.