Women’s Basketball Club President Courtney Bagans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Courtney BagansAge: 20Year: juniorMajor: industrial and systems engineeringHometown: Fort Meyers, FL

Her Campus: What is your position on campus?Courtney Bagans: “I’m the president of the women’s basketball club.”

HC: How did you get involved in the club?CB: “Last semester, me and one of my other friends actually started it. I played basketball in high school, too.”

HC: What is your favorite part of being in the club?CB: “Basketball was such a huge part of my life in high school, so it’s nice to meet girls where it’s the same for them (and) just having that thing in common.”

HC: And the biggest challenge?CB: “We started it from nothing, so it’s been pretty hard to recruit people and to get a constant practice schedule.”  

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus?CB: “I do MentorUF, I practice with the TriGators, I’m involved with Florida Alternative Breaks, and I do Outdoor Adventure Recreation.”  

HC: What is your dream job?CB: “I feel like once I graduate I want to work a lot of random jobs and then settle down. Something probably involving sports or music would be my dream job.”

HC: What are your hobbies?CB: “I love to run, bike, swim, play any type of sports and go to concerts.”

HC: What advice would you give to new students?CB: “Do what you want to do, and don’t feel pressure to do things for the wrong reasons.”

HC: What is your favorite memory at UF so far?CB: “When we did the Underwear Run my freshman year.”