UF’s Connection to the Presidential Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The 2012 election may seem like ages away, but for a certain University of Florida student, the election preparation has hit quite close to home.
The voice of the upcoming election belongs to Melissa Peskin, a junior at the University of Florida, who works as a financial intern for the Mitt Romney Campaign.
Peskin has worked on the campaign since summer. She took the role and internship when Romney was declared a force to reckon with in the upcoming race.
“It is extremely important to have the voices of our generation be heard,” Peskin said. “I personally find it important to get out and know the issues and support candidates.”
Peskin plans important events for the Romney campaign, including a fundraiser just last week in Orlando. Working in the financial department, she helps raise money for the upcoming election. 
“If Romney gets the ticket, I will take next semester off to work hard on the campaign,” Peskin said. “It is important to get issues that college students deem important out. We must get our voices heard.”
From time to time this upcoming year, Peskin will go to various benefits and attempt to raise money for the cause. She is working hard and has high spirits about the campaign.
She also worked and kept a blog for the Republican Jewish Council this summer in Washington, D.C. Being in the capital city exposed Peskin to all aspects of the political process.
“It was an eye opening experience,” said Peskin. “It was amazing to see how so many important political processes are run.”
In her spare time, Peskin enjoys spending time with her friends, tanning, running and being involved in her sorority Alpha Epsilon Phi.