It’s that time of year again and college football fever is heating up the UF campus. T-Shirt making, Jell-O shot preparations and pre-game hype are going to be among the many festivities Friday evening. The excitement is building up and people cannot wait to get their fill of ice-cold beer and Gators Marching Band chants.
As gameday approaches, all girls should have a plan. Make sure they are properly hydrated and have a friend with them at all times. I’m sure we all have that friend that loves to wander off when she’s drunk. DO NOT LET THAT BE YOU! Stay safe at all times and remember to know your limits. Not to sound like a parent but by lowering your inhibitions, you can seriously do some major damage to your reputation.
Remember the point of gameday is to create memories, not make mistakes or have regrets.
Here is a checklist that is helpful to all my Gator Girls on gameday:
1. Stay hydrated throughout the day, especially if you foresee yourself drinking more than usual.
2. Make sure your phone is fully charged so you can not only take memorable pictures, but also to get in contact with your friends if you get separated from the group.
3. SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN! We don’t want to look like red tomatoes in all our pictures -- not cute!
4. Wear comfortable clothes. If you are going to be bunched up at either a pre-game tailgate or at the stadium you want to be comfy. To all my sorority girls: make sure your dresses keep you cool throughout the game.
5. Have a friend that stays by your side at all times. If you need to go to the bathroom or grab a drink, ask your friend to come with you. Important if you find yourself lost or trying to brush off a creep at the stadium.
6. Have a great time and scream as loud as you can! Because there is no better feeling than walking into The Swamp on gameday and chanting, “It’s Great to Be A Florida Gator.”
Truth is, these are the best days of our lives. Gator Girls need to know how to keep it classy, and have a great time!