Trend Alert: Gingham Print

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Spring has officially sprung, and with it comes the rise of the gingham pattern. Gingham is a classic pattern for the warmer weather, and now, it’s not just for picnic blankets in the park. Here are several ways on how to incorporate gingham into your wardrobe so you can stay fashionably on top of this seasonal style.

Crop tops

It just wouldn’t be spring without the return of crop tops. Embrace the incoming warm and sunny weather with a gingham crop top like the one shown above from Lulu’s. These type of tops look adorable underneath a pair of jean short overalls.

Leggings

Not feeling a gingham top? That’s okay, because you can wear this style as a bottom! These gingham leggings from Forever 21 will work great with any simple monochrome top. The eye-catching pattern will also make your butt look great (and honestly, who doesn’t want that?).

Smocked dresses

If you’re like me where you take an outfit trend and make it cute and flirty, then this smocked pastel pink gingham dress from Revolve is right up your alley. It’s the perfect piece to wear whether you’re going to the local farmer’s market or even to a Sunday brunch with your gals.

Shoes

I may be biased on gingham shoes since I recently bought a strappy pair like the one shown above from Lulu’s. These patterned shoes are great for denim skirts or jeans with frayed bottom hems. I have pearl embellishments on mine, and they make any outfit look polished and trendy.

Jumpsuits

Jumpsuits are becoming a must-have in the closet of any fashionista. This bold and bright gingham jumpsuit from Lulu’s makes a strong statement, and it is sure to get you noticed for all the right reasons!

Swimwear

Of course, as the weather gets warmer, jumping in the pool or taking a day trip to the beach (especially if you live in Florida) will sound like a great idea. Take advantage of this seasonal change and scout for some cute new swimsuits, such as this gingham one-piece with a low scoop back from Forever 21.

Gingham is not typically thought of as a sweet pattern or style like floral is, but it can be if you want. For example, the simple addition of a sunhat paired with an article of gingham clothing can really change your look. Make sure to keep an eye out for this trend, as it will hopefully be ~springing~ into your wardrobe very soon!

Elena Kallergis is currently a 4th year Advertising major at the University of Florida. Her passions include ballet dancing, drawing, reading, traveling, and rock climbing. She loves flowers, cats, fashion, chocolate chip cookies, cheeseburgers, and anything to do with the color peach. Outside of class, you can either catch her eating while attempting to study or just eating in general. Follow her on Instagram @elenamika.