A Thank You Letter to My Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

There is no denying we love them, and oftentimes, we end up growing up to be just like them—whether we want to admit it or not. They’ve been by our side every step of the way, and we don’t always thank our moms as often as we should. So, here is a letter of gratitude to the woman who always goes above and beyond.

Mom, this is for you:1. Thank you for always giving me advice, even when I acted like I didn’t want it.2. Thank you for dropping whatever you were doing to help me when I needed it.3. Thank you for always being my No. 1 supporter. You never missed a game, recital or school play, and I loved knowing you were always cheering me on in the stands.4. Thank you for always helping with homework and school projects. That candy diagram of the cell was A+ material.5. Thank you for always having my favorite brownies for me when I come home and an extra batch for me to take back to school.6. Thank you for always believing in me, even when I don’t believe in myself.7. Thank you for waking me up in the morning because I always slept through my alarm.8. Thank you for listening to me talk for hours on end about the most petty girl drama.9. Thank you for always being my rock and shoulder to cry on.10. Thank you for waiting up for me, no matter how late it gets.11. Thank you for always picking up my call, especially when that happens three times a day.12. Thank you for being there to help me through the broken hearts.13. Thank you for always knowing the right things to say. Every. Single. Time.14. Thank you for letting me use you as an excuse when I didn’t want to do something or hang out with someone.15. Thank you for always being proud of me as long as I tried my best.16. Thank you for letting me borrow your makeup, even though you rarely get it back.17. Thank you for giving me everything you could. Don’t think it went unnoticed.18. Thank you for keeping all of my secrets and letting me tell you everything.19. Thank you for being strong. I hope to be just as strong as you when I grow up.20. Thank you for always taking care of me when I was sick. And thank you for waking up every four hours to give me my next dose of medicine.21. Thank you for making me put my all into everything I do.22. Thank you for fulfilling all of my grocery shopping needs, even though I don’t live at the house anymore.23. Thank you for letting me have friends over, even though some of them weren’t your favorite.24. Thank you for letting me figure out on my own why you didn’t like them. I’ll still never understand how your intuition is always spot on.25. Thank you for always being honest with me.26. Thank you for setting the bar so high. It will be hard to find someone who loves me as much as you do.27. Thank you for your rules and keeping me grounded.28. Thank you for being my very best friend.29. Thank you for always letting me pick what we have for dinner.30. Thank you for being you. I can only hope to one day be as amazing of a mother as you are. I love you, mom.

Photo credit: shakeitfitness.com